On 2014/09/08 23:35, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> The more code & documentation I read, the more I'm convinced that
> coordinating state changes between logical processors isn't necessary
> and actually is responsible for the hangs people have been seeing.
>
> So here is a diff that does away with it all.  I've tested it on a few
> laptops here, but it could use testing on a somewhat wider range of
> machines.  I'm especially interested in seeing this tested on a dual
> socket machine with apmd -A.

I'm running with this on my amd64 X220 with apm -C, this configuration
used to hang every couple of days. It's a bit soon to say if it fixes
things yet (IIRC some others hit the hangs more easily than me), but
I haven't noticed any regressions.

I've also run a cycle of lots of apm -L / apm -H in a loop while
otherwise stressing the cpu, no problems seen there.