Hi.

So. Each time pkg_add runs, it tries to connect to either PKG_PATH or to
installpath from pkg.conf to fetch quirks (I assume).
When you have no network anymore (moving around with your laptop or whatever),
and you want to install a local package, you're basically fucked:

$ time sudo pkg_add ./gmake-4.1.tgz
-> hangs forever
-> getting tired, so ^C
Fatal error: Caught SIGINT
 at /usr/libdata/perl5/OpenBSD/AddDelete.pm line 40.
    1m57.24s real     0m0.15s user     0m0.08s system
-> sometimes, that keeps the pkg db locked...

On my production machines, I have a regular job that removes the useless
pkg.conf, but it happens often enough on my dev boxen now that I felt I should
send something.
The problem is that each time I update using bsd.rd, /etc/pkg.conf is
re-created... and I am not even talking about the fact that the created file is
wrong since I usually do not install base from the same place I get packages --
but well.
Can we have a switch or whatever that would prevent pkg_add from trying to go
online each time it's run please?

--
Antoine