Hi,

So i have started using unbound on a mailserver (running amd64 5.6-stable).

First observation is that it uses (too?) many file descriptors in the
default setup.

Dec 15 22:38:00 mx1 unbound: [8713:0] error: can't create socket: Too many open
files
Dec 15 22:38:00 mx1 last message repeated 1366 times

$ unbound-checkconf -o outgoing-range
4000

But even after settting this to 1500 and having a login.conf:

unbound:\
        :openfiles-cur=2048:\
        :tc=daemon:

I am still seeing these log messages.

I'd like to make sure the settings out of the box are reasonable
(setting outgoing-range any maybe other options in the default config
and/or having a default entry in loging.conf, but so far unbound is
not cooperating. Any clue on what setting I should fiddle with?

        -Otto