On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 06:22:47PM -0700, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> The ntp daemon included in OpenBSD is our own openntpd, written
> from scratch.
>
> openntpd is not vulnerable.

Thank you OpenBSD people and project.

I just shitcanned ntp on my Linux box and replaced it with openntpd.
I plan to do the same on my Solaris boxes ASAP.

> It has become abundantly clear that it is very difficult to push
> lessons regarding better software practices into the greater open
> source community and the vendors who live off the teat.

I'm tired of this kind of attitude where people who should know better write
code that sort of works in some situations with all the options you never
need. There is much to be said for something well defined that solves a
problem and avoids others simply by paying attention and doing things right
instead of trying to support every possible feature at the expense of
safety and correctness.

Thank you for knowing better and doing better.

/jl

--
ASCII ribbon campaign ( ) Powered by Lemote Fuloong
 against HTML e-mail   X  Loongson MIPS and OpenBSD