On 23/01/15(Fri) 19:59, Alexander Bluhm wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 11:49:53AM +0100, Martin Pieuchot wrote:
> > Instead of rerolling rtrequest1(RTM_DELETE...) code in various places,
>
> I am a fan of code unification.
>
> > simply use rtdeletemsg() which also notify userland that the route entry
> > is going away.
>
> When we notify the userland about mtu discovery removal, should we
> inform it about added routes from ICMP packets?

I'd like to.  I think we should inform userland every time we add or
remove a route from the routing table.

I also think we should not always inform userland when we do a route
lookup.  Too many rtalloc(9) calls have the RT_REPORT and RT_RESOLVE
flags because of copy & paste.

> May some userland daemons get confused about the new messages?

I don't think so because these messages are similar to the ones
generated when routes are manually created/deleted.  But I'm not
an expert regarding route messages processing in userland daemons.