On 01/27/15 02:26, Renaud Allard wrote:
Hello,

I wrote a patch which adds a new kernel sysctl (hideproc) to hide processes non owned by a user, except for root. This should be mostly useful on shell servers and on servers with chroots.

I know some controversial patches have been presented in the past, but this one only does only one thing and should have a small enough impact.

While writing it, I was using a snapshot of about 1 week old, and the patch didn't work for a reason I have not found. But it works fine on 5.6 (that's why this one applies to 5.6). So there might be or have been a regression somewhere.

This seems like another knob, to me.  As someone who has helped
administrate open access systems, I'm not sure this is useful.  You
forgot to include the man page additions, too.  ;-)

--STeve Andre'