That code was fixed in -current, and will be in 5.7.  Now, the kernel
does the measurements and scaling.

On 2015 Mar 02 (Mon) at 15:04:09 +0000 (+0000), Jérôme Frgacic wrote:
:Hello,
:
:At present, there is no middle between cool running and automatic adjustement
mode.
:I would suggest to add an "on demand" adjustement mode which set hw.setperf to
:maximum when CPU idle is lesser then 10% and reduce it when CPU idle is
greater than
:30%. Also, when hw.setperf is at maximum, verification of CPU idle is slow
down.
:
:This is based on a previous suggestion of Laurence Tratt.
:
:PS : please add me to recepient if you reply.
:

--
SHIFT TO THE LEFT!  SHIFT TO THE RIGHT!
POP UP, PUSH DOWN, BYTE, BYTE, BYTE!