I shall look at collecting the in-tree stuff. My servers are in the
netherlands, and I am in austin atm. I have a meeting with the security
team in about 30 minutes and I am going to mention libressl and get a
discussion going.

One of the things I wanted to discuss is about priv escalation.

Just to make sure I understand what is expected of isssetguid() - could you
perhaps, in terms of ls -l output with suid programs describe the
sequence(s) where the value should be 1 - and especially, when they might
(read should) be 0.

>From memory of what I read (how I understood) the man page, if was
superuser, and am still user - then 0 is appropriate. However, if was
superuser (euid == 0) and a setuid call is used to demote/lower privilidge
then 1 is the correct value.
Also, if euid != 0 and an suid bit makes euid == 0 then the value should be
one.

Lastly, I am thinking that if a program starts as euid (even ruid) == 0,
but used setuid to implement a safe-mode (i.e., not running as root)
issetuid() should also return 1.

I just repeated the process of configure, make, make check - but with
OBJECT_MODE=64 and one test fails: asn1test.

No time to look at it right now. This evening I will download the tree and
test.

Atm I am testing with no openssl installed. I would like to be able to run
the whole process without needint autoconf/automake (because that requires
additional libraries). And I need to figure out a better way to get the
libraries to take a suffix of _64 so I can have both 32 and 64 bit support
- eventually.

Adding the configure setting: --program-suffix="_64" did not have any
effect I could discover.

re: the library loader - you can see what libpath is compiled into an
program and/or a library member using "dump -H". At least, that is how I
examine it.

regards,
Michael