On 13/04/15(Mon) 17:49, Dimitris Papastamos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Attached below an updated patch that makes the layout a bit more sensible.

It's nice it works.

Now like various students that applied for the GSoC you've done the
first step.  The interesting part of that GSoC is also the boring part:
the parser.  How are you gonna deal with AUDIO, VIDEO and HID descriptors?

I'm asking the question but I'm not really interested in the answer.  I
don't see the point of having multiple people working on the same task.
But if a student is selected for this task, you might want to discuss
that with him.

Honestly if you are looking for an easy task to contribute to the USB
land in OpenBSD you could have asked before, there's a lot to do :)

So here's a small task, just for you:  can you add an option to
usbdev(8) to enable/disable USB bus probing?   By default it would be
"on", just like know: when you plug a device is it detected/attached.

If you turn it "off" to new device will be attached and port events
will simply be acknowledged?