An easier and more reliable compromise would be running 'doas sh' and
executing multiple commands in the shell that is root.

Having said that, I am unsure if doas(1) uses the $HOME of the current
user, or the user that the command is executed as.
If $HOME is that of the current user, the advantage of using doas(1) in
this way, compared to plain old 'su', is that you get a shell running
as a particular user, while keeping the current environment.

I will miss that "timeout" feature too, but not for long.

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 10:54:02 +0300
Gregory Edigarov <ediga...@qarea.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sudo was having a nice feature of not overwhelming the user with
> password prompts (cookies :-) ).
>
> This diff is adding this back to doas(1).

[snip]