Hi,

On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 05:54:55AM -0400, Geoff Steckel wrote:
> The included patch allows smtpd/filter_api.c to compile. I know it's

This is not ok, this file is not meant to be linked in the daemon.

It is meant to be linked against filters which will communicate with the
daemon through the imsg framework allowing for privileges separation and
keeping the daemon's code base clean from features bloat.

> not hooked in yet. I am working on adding dnsbl. I have a patch
> under test which is integrated into the body of smtpd. It would be
> cleaner if it could be an external filter. Is anybody working on
> the filter code? Would it be possible to get hints about how
> the filter api code should hook into the body of smtpd.

Yes, people are working on the filter code, and there is already a dnsbl
filter which I don't use but works as far as I know.

It runs outside the daemon too ;-)

> Otherwise I'll just install sendmail & let this go for now.

The filtering feature was finished (though considered experimental) very
shortly before the OpenBSD lock for upcoming release, given that the one
in base is stable and that the filter code required a huuuuuge refactor,
I decided to wait until the unlock to bring the new changes.

You can either install smtpd w/ filters support from the tarballs on the
opensmtpd.org website, or wait till I commit everything in -current soon
or install sendmail & wait for OpenBSD 5.9.

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg