> The project goals are simply and plainly incompatible.  Sqlite is
> too much about database featurism, accepting considerable bloat
> into the codebase, while mandoc needs to focus on minimalism and

A good fraction of these changes relate to the FTS5 code, which would
not be compiled in to base.  I would not characterize those changes as
feature creep, but rather a fundamental correction to the previous
search algorithm, which was broken in that it did not scale well to
moderate sized (multi-GB) corpuses with conjunctive queries.  If,
based on compile time flags, the FTS code is disabled, I am not sure
that everything within those pre-processor flags should be considered
when assessing the size of the patch or feature creep.

I cannot comment on the (many) other changes requiring review, except
perhaps the null-pointer bug I found in FTS4.