On 09/29/15 14:38, Paul Irofti wrote:
On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 04:52:07PM +0200, Alexis de BRUYN wrote:
Hi Paul,

I have tried the last -current/octeon (and 5.7/octeon) on a D-Link DSR-500N
(HW A1), but the bootoctlinux command failed.

Regards,

Wow, a reply to a one and a half year-old email! :-)
Yes thanks for your answer!

I think you need to clean the randomdata section from your kernel
because we don't have a native bootloader for Octeon.

$ objcopy -R .openbsd.randomdata bsd bsd.tmp && mv bsd.tmp bsd

Shoudn't I do this on a bsd.rd instead?

I have got the following error:

$ objcopy -R .openbsd.randomdata bsd bsd.tmp
objcopy: Unable to recognise the format of the input file `bsd'

I am running objcopy on a -current/amd64 machine with the last octeon bsd.rd snapshot.

--
Alexis de BRUYN