Usbdump is the result of my work during this summer of code.
It is a tool inspired by pcidump. It reads usb device descriptor and
print them with a bit of parsing. It aim to be a more friendly
alternative to lsusb.

There is two main difference with pcidump, boiling down to the nature of
the usb protocol.
First, an usb device does not provide a block of data like a pci
ddevice. It provide many piece of data, the descriptors. So the data
have to be fetched piece by piece.
Second, there is a few standard descriptors and many more specific to
certain class of device. In its current state, usbdump is far from
showing parsed data about most of these.

In the future, I would like to add the ability show the data send by usb
device inside this tool, to make it more useful at troubleshooting.

As there there is nearly 3,000 lines, I will link to the sources.
It's available at http://home.jellycopter.net/usbdump . usbdump.tar.gz
is an archive of the directory, minus the archive. Full history
is hosted at http://home.jellycopter.net/repo/usbdump .

I hope this will be useful.