Dimitris Papastamos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I thought it would be cool for rebound(8) to load balance on a number of
> DNS servers.
>
> While I was working on this, I did not manage to convince myself as to
> whether this should be the default behaviour.
>
> An alternative default would be to use the master server provided.  If
> requests started timing out, it would switch to the secondary.  If the
> master became available again, then it would switch back to it.
>
> This diff may be useful regardless of what the default should be and
> given that there is no config parser at the moment that can handle
> options I thought I would send this out to get some feedback.

This is indeed an open option. Since the goal here is to have libc always
query rebound, it should probably emulate the current behavior when you have
multiple nameservers in resolv.conf. But this is a little more complicated,
as it requires tracking nexthop per server and probably changing the timeout
because libc may not know how many servers there are... I'd like to wait a
bit.