On Thu, Nov 05, 2015 at 04:29:12PM +0100, Alexander Bluhm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After removing National Language Support (NLS) from base, I think
> the directory /usr/share/nls should go.  Having a non-existing
> default path in catopen(3) does not make sense, so I also removed
> that.

It sounds like not providing a default path violates POSIX.

"""
If NLSPATH does not exist in the environment, or if a message catalog
cannot be found in any of the components specified by NLSPATH, then an
implementation-defined default path shall be used.
""""
http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/catopen.html

Do we care? Perhaps this detail is not important?