On Sun, Nov 08, 2015 at 09:01:52PM +0000, Tati Chevron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Nov 08, 2015 at 08:18:55PM +0000, Nicholas Marriott wrote:
> >Hi
> >
> >I think it should be Shift-F1 etc, but since this is a general problem
> >with the xterm entry not just on OpenBSD, I suggest you discuss it with
> >upstream. The terminfo database is maintained as part of ncurses.
>
> OK, I'll look into that, and maintain a local patch here for X for the time
> being.
>
> Is there any reason why the OpenBSD installer still defaults to a
> terminal type of vt-220 for the VGA framebuffer console, and doesn't
> even suggest pccon as an alternative?

In the installer itself? vt220 works fine and reliably and - importantly
- is small and fits on the ramdisks. Who needs to press F13 in the
installer?

If you mean in /etc/ttys, this has been discussed before and mostly the
reason it has stayed is that terminfo entries propagate very slowly and
vt220 is available everywhere, no matter if the user ssh to some ancient
OS. It's easy to change anyway.