On Sat, Dec 05, 2015 at 20:13 +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
> > +void
> > +xen_disable_emulated_devices(struct xen_softc *sc)
> > +{
> > +#if defined(__i386__) || defined(__amd64__)
>
> just a nitpick, not in a position to comment on your patches but this
> has caught my eyes. So far everything was just generic or amd64
> specific. Now you ifdef also for i386. Is that intentional? Thanks,
> Karel

Hi Karel,

Please don't be afraid to comment and provide any insights you
might have.  The whole reason for having the tech@ list is to
get people involved into public technical discussions and let
everyone have a chance to speak their mind.  Your question is
not less valid than any other.

As to the question itself, Xen dom0 has been so far implemented
for i386, amd64 and arm (or arm64 -- I'll have to check that) so
by definition there can only be support for these architectures.
I have concentrated on providing amd64 domU support first and
while hypercall inteface is implemented for i386 as well, the
interrupt code is missing.

In the meantime I have guarded some obviously MD specific chunks
with __i386__ and __amd64__.  I realise that a few other places
(around CPUID or wrmsr) can use those ifdefs as well and perhaps
it's a bit of deficiency that I'm not 100% consistent with their
usage.  I'll have to consider this carefully.

Cheers,
Mike