On 2016 Mar 16 (Wed) at 10:53:36 +1100 (+1100), Damien Miller wrote:
:On Tue, 15 Mar 2016, li...@wrant.com wrote:
:
:> What's going on with the BGP as a transport then, is it available to
:> the general public?  Must be much better than the fubar DNS.  Nackts
:> thing and we'd be attempting carping on tunnelled over DNS syndrome.
:
:Years ago I added the pftable keyword to bgpd.conf for this very
:reason. Assuming it hasn't bitrotted, it's trivial to use bgpd
:to fill a PF table that can be used to block or tarpit spammers.
:

This feature is used quite heavily by my bgp-spamd.net system, and has
certainly not bit-rotted :).

--
The past always looks better than it was.  It's only pleasant because
it isn't here.