On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 07:14:41PM -0400, Daniel Micay wrote:

> > Seems valuable. Note, though, that you're developing on top of the
> > multi-pool malloc patches:
> >
> > https://marc.info/?t=145871676200002&r=1&w=2
> >
> > http://www.drijf.net/openbsd/malloc/
> >
> > So there are probably conflicts.
>
> Yeah, there will be some small changes required to where it integrates
> into the existing code. I can resubmit based on the latest version from
> there. I'm unsure if it makes more sense to do that now or simply wait
> until that lands though, since it's probably a moving target.

It's interesting, but timing is bad. I'm preparing a new multi-pool
malloc diff and I'm not going to deal with both things at the same
time. But you should spend some thought if and how this is going to
work with multiple pools. Especially the case where the free calls are
coming from different threads.

        -Otto