> Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 17:53:22 +1000
> From: Jonathan Gray <j...@jsg.id.au>
>
> On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 03:20:34AM -0400, Ian Sutton wrote:
> > I am working on a MD PCI-E driver for the armv7/imx platform. It
> > attaches via FDT/simplebus, ascertaining its physical memory addresses
> > from the fdt structure originating from the dtb files present on the
> > msdos bootloader partition. The dtb files we're using now have the
> > cubox's 'pcie' nodes disabled via a "status=disabled" property. The
> > following patches fix this in the decompiled dtb outfiles:
>
> I thought the wlan was attached to pcie but it seems it is
> actually an sdio device.
>
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-microsom.dtsi
>
> /* USDHC1 - Connected to optional BRCM Wifi/BT/FM */
> &usdhc1 {
>         pinctrl-names = "default";
>         pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_microsom_brcm_wifi &pinctrl_microsom_usdhc1>;
>         bus-width = <4>;
>         mmc-pwrseq = <&usdhc1_pwrseq>;
>         keep-power-in-suspend;
>         no-1-8-v;
>         non-removable;
>         vmmc-supply = <&reg_brcm>;
>         status = "okay";
> };

WiFi over SDIO is quite common for these SoC-type systems.  The Bay
Trail-based ASUS EeeBook I have has a similar setup.  I suppose PCIe
sucks quite a bit of power even if you do proper link management.  I
actually believe that Broadcom's PCIe solutions are essentially SDIO
with a PCIe to SDIO bridge on front of them.

Time to investigate the

  sdmmc0: can't enable card

message I see on my CuBox-i4Pro once more.