> Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 13:44:06 +1000
> From: Jonathan Gray <j...@jsg.id.au>
>
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 05:41:35AM +0300, Artturi Alm wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > what's the plan for solving ordering issues for these devices?
> > could this be attached 'manually' from sunxi_platform_init_mainbus() or
> > something? What's acceptable?
> > I'd like to have this for carddetect before moving forward with that.
> >
> > -Artturi
>
> If you can't find any fdts where a device that requires gpio
> will attach before sxipio I think this is fine.

Well, more importantly, sxipio(4) will provide pinctrl as well (I have
a partial diff for that), so it needs to attach before devices that
need pinctrl functionality.  And there are quite a few devices that
need that in the various device trees.  So sxipio(4) needs to continue
to attach to sunxi(4) for the foreseeable future.