On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 03:00:40AM +0200, Theo Buehler wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 01:59:20AM +0200, Simon Ruderich wrote:
>> I'm a relatively new OpenBSD user and just updated my system from
>> 5.9 to 6.0 but forgot to update the files in /usr/src. Thus when
>> I applied the latest patches (001-006) I actually built an old
>> 5.9 kernel which failed to boot. The following patch mentions
>> /usr/src in the upgrade notes.
>
> Thanks a lot for taking the time and submitting a patch. I will need to
> think about this a little. I will probably end up adding a link to
> errata.html since that is a more glaring omission on that page.

Hello,

I saw the addition of the errata and stable links. I think that's
an improvement, thanks.

However I still would like to see a quick note telling the user
that he should remember to update all source-based data because
the installer won't do it for them . Maybe something like "The
installer doesn't automatically update source files, for example
in /usr/src".

Regards
Simon
--