On 2016-09-26, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas <j...@wxcvbn.org> wrote:

>>> So I think that we agree that EISDIR is more useful, and seems safe from
>>> a portability POV.   I've built base and x sets on i386, and ajacoutot
>>> ran the ports bulk builds.  The two offenders in the ports tree were due
>>> to an unrelated glitch in base libtool which has since been fixed.
>
> I haven't received a single test report, which is far from sufficient
> for such a change.  Even though I'm convinced that such a change would
> be a benefit, I won't push this further.

I think your proposal came at a bad time when there was too much
other action in the tree.

I've run an amd64 package build with it (because I didn't read the
above that said that aja had already done so), which worked just
fine.  I don't think we're going to see more of a real-world test
unless the diff goes into snapshots.

FWIW, I'm in favor of this change.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de