Hello Richard,

> PF implements six distinct TCP option parsing loops. This patch converts
> these to one inline function in pfvar_priv.h, normalises their semantics,
> and strips ~100 lines.

    what is the reason to keep function definition in pfvar_priv.h?
    I would expect to stick function header to pfvar_priv.h and
    definition to .c.

    The only reason, which comes to my mind you want to avoid the extra
    stack frame for any price. So the only way to give compiler chance
    to inline the pf_find_tcpopt() is to keep its definition in .h.
    is my assumption correct?

    My preference is to put the function to .c.

thanks and
regards
sasha