Theo Buehler <t...@math.ethz.ch> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2017 at 09:30:15PM +0100, Theo Buehler wrote:
>> The TOK_NEXT_SERVER case in parse_statement() calls
>> parse_ip_addr_or_hostname(),
>> so I think the next-server option wants a host name, not a domain name:
>
> Any takers? I previously suggested 'host name', but the rest of the page
> writes 'hostname', so let's go with that.

"hostname" sounds less misleading indeed, I believe what is really meant
here is "a name that can be looked up in the DNS".  Most occurrences of
"domain name" in this manpage carry the same intent.  Do we want to
convert those?

FWIW, https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7719#section-2 acknowledges the
fact that "host name" has multiple meanings: is it a FQDN, only the
first label of an FQDN...?

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE