Hey,
on OpenBSD 6.0-stable I have following configuration for relayd:

————snip———————
interval 10
timeout 1200
prefork 15
log all
——————————————————

Respective login.conf to spawn more relayd procs:

relayd:\
        :maxproc-max=31:\
        :maxproc-cur=15:\
        :openfiles=65536:\
        :tc=daemon:

With config options above moved to a 6.1 creates following:

relayd starts but brings up no more that 3 relay-processes.
Also after start up it refuses to do any checks configured (in my simple test I
used check tcp)

[mxb-test]-[12:21:41]# relayctl sh su
Id      Type            Name                            Avlblty Status
1       relay           rabbitmq                                active
1       table           rabbitmqpool:5672                       empty
1       host            10.5.96.8                               unknown
2       table           rabbitmqfallback:5672                   empty
2       host            10.5.96.9                               unknown

Changing ’prefork’ from 15 to 3 makes it work.

Is this a bug?

Br