Hi Walter,

Walter Alejandro Iglesias wrote on Sun, Jun 04, 2017 at 11:45:04AM +0200:

> I realized the issue I describe in the message below

I don't understand at all what you are trying to talk about.

For a proper bug report, please send the exact byte sequence that
you are passing in to the shell on standard input (preferably
expressed as a printf(1) statement using ASCII-only characters, or
alternatively just the byte sequence encoded with "hexdump -C",
such that it doesn't get mangled in mail transit), the exact byte
sequence that the shell is passing on to the terminal for display
(again, preferably with "hexdump -C"), and state exactly which byte
sequence you would expect the shell to send to the terminal instead.

If you don't know how to obtain this information, wait a bit until
anton@ has committed his new /usr/src/regress/bin/ksh/edit/ suite.
That will make obtaining such information easier.

Yours,
  Ingo