Hi Jeremie,

Am 30.08.2017 13:04 schrieb Jeremie Courreges-Anglas:
This implements a feature I miss from bash.  What I care about:
- not clog the history with repeated commands
- easily prevent some commands to go in the history

The diff below implements HISTCONTROL for this, user-facing behavior
based on bash.  The default ksh behavior doesn't change.

I did not implement:
- "ignoreboth", which is a shorthand for "ignoredups:ignorespace";
   trivial, but not really useful
- "erasedups", I have no use for this and it's not as trivial

I have yet to put this in an mkr (dunno yet if the space savings of the
setlocale removal positively affects the ramdisks).

Thoughts?  ok?

I'd would love to see that feature in ksh since duplicates keep annoying me. I tested your patch on current and it works fine for me.

Cheers and thanks

    Matthias