On 09/28/17 08:43, Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
On 09/27/17 18:41, Peter N. M. Hansteen wrote:
On 09/27/17 00:07, Robert Nagy wrote:
Hi

This is an updated diff for preliminary kabylake support for 6.2,
this needs extensive testing on all inteldrm variants.

This diff is also in snapshots now so please, test, test test!
Installed the latest snapshot (OpenBSD 6.2 (GENERIC.MP) #114: Wed Sep 27
01:19:45 MDT 2017), now running the machine from
http://bsdly.blogspot.com/2017/07/openbsd-and-modern-laptop.html with no
xorg.conf, and it looks wonderful so far!

Preserved dmesg and xdpyinfo output:

https://home.nuug.no/~peter/20170927_dmesg_greyhame.txt
https://home.nuug.no/~peter/20170927_xdpyinfo_greyhame.txt
Following up on this, I see that there is a firmware load failure

error: [drm:pid0:i915_firmware_load_error_print] *ERROR* failed to load
firmware i915/kbl_dmc_ver1.bin (-22)
I took my SSD from an older Dell (Optiplex 790) to a new Dell (Optiplex 7050). Before the recent snapshot I was without graphics.

With the recent snapshot - I've got graphics (thank you), but I do see the same message (above) as Peter, but haven't noticed anything obviously amiss because of it (Google says: "DMC provides additional graphics low-power idle states. It provides capability to save and restore display registers across these low-power states independently from the OS/Kernel.")

But I was getting these messages (below) /before/ the recent snapshot, when the SSD was in a different machine:

Sep 22 09:52:50 devssd /bsd: error: [drm:pid46438:intel_pipe_update_start] *ERROR* Potential atomic update failure on pipe A

... so these atomic update messages don't seem to be new (and didn't see anything not working because of them).

Thanks,
Richard.

and later, repeated at intervals

[Wed Sep 27 21:39:21] peter@greyhame:~/div/hailmary/2016$ grep drm
/var/log/messages
Sep 27 19:44:35 greyhame /bsd: error:
[drm:pid46498:intel_pipe_update_start] *ERROR* Potential atomic update
failure on pipe A
Sep 27 21:37:09 greyhame /bsd: error:
[drm:pid46498:intel_pipe_update_start] *ERROR* Potential atomic update
failure on pipe A

Then again, I'm not sure what if any functionality is impacted here

- P