Hi,

On Fri, Jan 05 2018 10:09:08 +1100, Jonathan Gray wrote:
> Does switching to the intel driver with xorg.conf or the below
> diff change anything?

Yes, with the intel driver the corruption is gone.

However, I updated my work Haswell laptop (x240; cpu0: Intel(R) Core(TM)
i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz, 1995.72 MHz; inteldrm0 at pci0 dev 2 function 0
"Intel HD Graphics" rev 0x0b) and it does exhibit similar corruption;
it's more difficult to notice as it seems to clear away faster but it's
there, at least if you know to look for it (I can provide a shaky-cam
video if you like). It too goes away when switching to intel driver, so
perhaps your diff isn't quite sufficient (although granted, with Haswell
the effect is so much less noticeable, it may not be a problem).

--
Lauri Tirkkonen | lotheac @ IRCnet