On 2018/02/04 02:56, Kapetanakis Giannis wrote:
> On 04/02/18 01:42, Remi Locherer wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > This adds a new feature to ospfd: depend on interface.
> >
> > A ospfd.conf using it looks like this:
> >
> > --%<--
> > redistribute default depend on carp0
> > area 0.0.0.0 {
> >     interface em2 { depend on carp0 }
> >     [...]
> > }
> > --%<--
> >
> > This router would send out the default route and the em2 network with
> > default metrics as long as carp0 is master. When carp0 becomes backup these
> > routes are advertised with metric 65535.
> >
> > "depend on" can also be used with other interface types than carp.
> >
> > This diff was started by benno@ at p2k17 (redistribute and config parser).
> > I added the interface part. jca@ contributed several improvements.
> >
> > Comments, OKs?
> >
> > Remi
>
> If I understand this right, someone could use this combined with pfsync,
> to wait for states full sync before switching routes from backup to master?
>
> nice :)

I'm not sure pfsync specifically handles that, but as long as you
make sure the interface is not master at boot (e.g. carpdemote in
hostname.carpX) and sleep and -carpdemote in rc.local, it will have that
effect.

Nice thing here is when you combine it with bgpd's demote handling.
That way you can avoid feeding default to OSPF until BGP sessions are up.