On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 10:18:30AM +1000, David Gwynne wrote:
> this implements MikroTiks Ethernet over IP protocol support.
>
> The Mikrotik protocol is basically GRE, so this is implemented as
> eoip(4) as (yet another) part of if_gre. the main differences between
> egre and eoip is that eoip uses gre version 1 (not 0) and 0x6400
> as the protocol identifier (not transparent ethernet as per rfc
> 1701), mandates a key header, but splits the key into 16bit len and
> tunnel id fields (a bit like pptp).
>
> the keepalive semantics are also different. keepalives are just 0
> length packets, and arent echoed. each side listens for the others
> packet to see if theyre up, but doesn't relay the keepalives. theyre
> more hellos maybe?
>
> like egre though, it still misaligns the payload, but what doesnt
> these days?
>
> this also tweaks tcpdump to better support the protocol.

Hello,

In gre_ioctl(), mgre_ioctl(), egre_ioctl() and eoip_ioctl() the
SIOCSIFFLAGS case appears to have code that explicitly sets error=0
but it looks like error is already zero unless I'm reading it wrong.
Also, nvgre_ioctl() is different because it seems to set error=ENETRESET
in that case (i.e. IFF_UP and IFF_RUNNING are both set). Is that
difference intended?

- Michael