I asked: https://github.com/hboetes/mg/pull/2#issue-190977781

> Generally we expect people who post patches to also take care of any
> feedback they get for those patches themselves. But Lenoid just funnelled
> our feedback back to you, which isn't how this is supposed to work.

I am happy to be a tester, this is the best what I can do right now. I
didn't study mg's code, nor did I check the diffs and ask why there
are so many weird things in code. I do run time testing and report run
time bugs. I started this thread because I'm sure I'm not the only one
who needs UTF-8 support and doesn't want to run GNU Emacs.