On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 10:56:08PM +1000, Ross L Richardson wrote:

> The diff below just removes NULL checks before various LibreSSL *_free()
> calls, on the assumption that that's the preferred usage where it's
> documented that *_free(NULL) is safe.

Thanks, diff looks good.

I'll commit this tomorrow if no-one commits it earlier with my ok.

> [Note that the behaviour of X509_REQ_free(NULL) and X509_NAME_free(NULL)
> is not documented in the man pages, so those calls in keyproc.c are not
> modified in this diff.]

They are NULL safe as they're just wrappers around ASN1_item_free().
(see also the regression test in /usr/src/regress/lib/libcrypto/free/)

So both, a diff that fixes the manuals, and a diff to remove the NULL
checks in keyproc.c would be great.