On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 12:54:49PM +0100, Klemens Nanni wrote:
> Yes, although I agree with jmc on simpler wording. FWIW, FreeBSD just
> goes with "-D Set the Don't Fragment bit" as well.

There is no "Don't Fragment bit" in IPv6, so this is wrong.

In IPv4 we do set the don't fragment bit in the packet to prevent
router fragmentation, in IPv6 we prevent fragmentation in the local
output path.

The "Don;t fragment transmitted packets." is not precise.  In IPv6
it would be the other way around "Don;t transmit fragmented packets."

What about "-D Prevent IP fragments."?

bluhm