Ingo Schwarze wrote:
> What about making -O style= *compulsory* unless "option style" is
> defined in man.conf(5)?  Just error out when no style sheet is
> configured?  That can be combined with inlining the full set of
> rules when -O style=inline is explicitly specified.

This seems unnecessarily user hostile. Like we have failed to reach a
decision, so push it to the user. But at times I do value explicit options
over implicit defaults, so it's not without merit. I think it will annoy me,
but if I can't convince you my preferred default is best, then maybe this is
the way to go. Nobody will be surprised or disappointed with the output at
least.