On Mon, Apr 15 2019 16:56:52 +0200, Stefan Sperling wrote:
> The ifconfig mode command is broken; It is supposed to force a wireless
> interface into 11a/b/g/n media mode. This stopped working some time ago,
> probably during my work on background scanning. Problem spotted by mlarkin@
> who noticed that interfaces were using 11g mode while forced to 11b mode.
>
> The diff below allows me to force media modes again on iwm(4), urtwn(4),
> and athn(4), with e.g. 'ifconfig iwm0 mode 11b'  More tests welcome.

applied both your patches and it works properly on iwn(4) here. before
applying 'mode 11b' or 'mode 11g' on my laptop would not actually
disconnect from my 5GHz-only AP, and the ifconfig output was something
like "mode 11b (HT-MCS0 mode 11n)" - after, it works as expected.

--
Lauri Tirkkonen | lotheac @ IRCnet