On Sat, Apr 27, 2019 at 02:16:26PM -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> Florian Obser <flor...@openbsd.org> wrote:
>
> > It has the date and time with seconds resolution in there. Not just the
> > built number.
>
> Yes from KARL on one machine, and snapshot/release builds on a different
> machine.
>
> Could this not false-positive?

I thought vers.o is deliberately not newly generated by reorder_kernel's
Makefile targets.

So as long as the snapshot/release building machines does not go
backward in time, this should not cause false positives.

Syspatch kernels built by robert or me and self-built stable kernels can
probably be dealt with by looking at the version number.