I have my i8042 device for vmd(8) mostly implemented. It’s only missing a few
commands, but since there are no PS/2 input devices yet, there isn’t very much
in the way of testing I can do beyond ensuring that commands act as they
should.

I have a couple questions about expected behavior, mostly related to the 8042
output port.

* The 8042 controls the CPU reset line, but I’m not sure what the behavior
should be in terms of vmm/vmd. Send a reset command if the reset line gets
pulled low?
* The 8042 controls Gate A20, which doesn’t seem to exist in the VM. I just
have the output line not hooked up to anything. That OK?
* There is nothing hooked up to the PS/2 ports since adding input devices is
out of scope for my current diff.
* Commands F0-F3 pulse 8042 output port bits low for 6uS. How should such
timing be implemented in a vmd device?

Once I get these cleared up, I should have a diff ready by the weekend. The
8042 already gets detected in the OpenBSD boot process!

Katherine