First of all, thanks for including this, but should a diff be submitted
to the man page that states it supports everything between SI and Vega?
If I'm reading the documentation and past posts correctly, amdgpu uses
Xorg's Glamor and Mesa to output anything. Mesa is at 19.0.8, so it
should support Vega, but not Navi (Navi support seems to arrive in 19.2).
I've just bought a Vega56 on the grounds it would shortly be supported in
OpenBSD (didn't expect it this fast!), is supported in Free/NetBSD, has
open source drivers, and at least isn't actively blocking PCI
passthrough.
(I didn't choose the Vega64 as the 56 seems to be able to be made quieter
and retain most of the performance. The RX 5700 cards appear to still be
bedding in)
PK