On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 5:43 PM Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>
wrote:

> On 2019/10/30 07:34, sven falempin wrote:
> > https://github.com/dohnuts/wip/blob/master/ixgbe.diff
> >
> > Needs lots of cleaning
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 30, 2019 at 6:59 AM Joerg Goltermann <j...@osn.de> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have a new Lanner NCA-1510A (with a Intel C3558) which has some
> > > X553 SGMII ethernet ports. Unfortunately there is no support in ix(4)
> > > for this type.
> > >
> > > Is anyone working on an update for the ix(4) to support the new
> > > hardware?
> > >
> > > I took a look at the actual ix(4) and it's a bit confusing. I'm
> > > not sure about the "version" of this driver compared to FreeBSD/
> > > Intel version.
> > >
> > > Wouldn't it be nice to have a more "stock" version of the driver. This
> > > would make it much easier to port updates from FreeBSD/Intel to
> OpenBSD.
> > >
> > > Any feedback is appreciated.
> > >
> > >   - Joerg
> > >

> Oh I've got a machine coming soon and I have a nasty feeling it's going to
> have one of those ..
>
> That diff is stale, I've merged conflicts at
> https://junkpile.org/ixgbe.diff2,
> and it builds but totally untested.

Thank you, the ./dev/pci/pcidevs_data.h,  pcidevs.h are completly removed
from this

I may have time to test it against 6.6, see if it is still working since
6.4 (where it was tested, also a cross test revealed
that plugin'/unplugging SFP maybe non functionnal)

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do