Hello @tech,

When I manually upgrade OpenBSD using bsd.rd, I have to set http_proxy
to fetch the file sets. When I reboot after installing, fw_update
succeeds because theinstall script was clever enough to export
http_proxy in /etc/rc.firsttime.

Unfortunately sysupgrade(8) does not remember that http_proxy was set
when it fetched the file sets, and so when I run sysupgrade I have to
either wait for fw_update to manually time out on first reboot, or kill
it manually with ^C.

Adding the line:

[ ${http_proxy} ] && echo "export http_proxy=${http_proxy}" >>/etc/rc.firsttime

to a spot near the bottom of /usr/sbin/sysupgrade fixes my fw_update
problem, at least until the upgrade restores all of my files to their
stock defaults. Is this something we could integrate into the official
repository?

Thanks and regards,
Anthony Coulter