On 2019/11/01 23:32, Solene Rapenne wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 01, 2019 at 10:06:48PM -0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> > On 2019-10-31, Solene Rapenne <sol...@perso.pw> wrote:
> >
> > > I suggest adding a priority=5 to _pbuild user.
> >
> > Is this the right place?  Or should dpb do this?
> >
> > --
> > Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          na...@mips.inka.de
> >

> using the _pbuild class it applies for package building using make and
> also when using dpb (which uses make). I don't understand why it should
> be handled by dpb.

Building ports isn't the only thing that places demands on the system
that can result in slow interactive behaviour. If working around this
via priority in login.conf is considered acceptable (I don't like it
much myself..) would it be better to make the default class lower-
priority and set e.g. staff to something higher?