On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 at 20:06, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org> wrote:
> Occasionally I see this when connecting to anoncvs on my mirror,
>
> $ cvs -d $CVSROOT di
> kex_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
> cvs [diff aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
>
> On the server side, this is logged:
>
> sshd[13009]: error: kex_exchange_identification: read: Connection reset by
> peer
>
> And others have reported it too. I haven't noticed it with e.g. http/https
> connections to the server.
>
> Does anyone have advice about tracking it down?

I'd start by cranking up the client side log level (LogLevel debug3 in
~/.ssh/config) and use CVS_RSH="ssh -E logfile" or ssh -y to send the
logs to syslog.

Is this a public mirror, and if so which one?

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at dtucker.net)
GPG key 11EAA6FA / A86E 3E07 5B19 5880 E860  37F4 9357 ECEF 11EA A6FA (new)