On Thu, Dec 26, 2019 at 07:49:06PM +0100, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> Well, there's your problem.  The mpii(4) doesn't fill in the WWNs for
> the logical volume so there is nothing that can be matched to the WWN
> from the bootpath.
Obvious now that you mention it.

> > See below a diff for debug printf() I use to look at thoes values.
> > Complete console log from OBP prompt to multiuser follows to to show the
> > boot process and debug output for all devices.
> >
> > What I find odd is how 0aa32290d5dcd16c is the WWID of the RAID volume,
> > and yet all devices attaching to scsibus* including those not being part
> > of the RAID show the very same bp->val[0] of 3aa32290d5dcd16c.
>
> bp->val[0] comes from the boot path; there is only one.
Ha, sure that.  I confused myself with printing it for every device
passing that code path where it is used as target, hence debug printfs
showing the same value for multiple devices.

> As you can see, the WWNs are filled in for the other disks (sd1, cd0)
> that attach to the controller.  So you probably need some additional
> code in mpii(4) to fill in the WWNs for logical volumes.  I recommend
> talking to dlg@ and jmatthew@ directly about that.
That makes sense, I didn't look toward mpii(4) yet.

Thank you for pointing things out and asking such questions, this is
very very helpful guidance.  I'm looking further into the controller
driver now.