On 2020/06/19 20:28, Paul Irofti wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 06:52:40PM +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> > I don't expect userland processes to call CLOCK_UPTIME in a loop like
> > they tend to do do for CLOCK_MONOTONIC and CLOCK_REALTIME.  Linux
> > doesn't have it ;).
>
> I don't care eitherway about this. But I don't see why we would not have
> this functionality if it is easy to offer. Maybe someone can help us
> grep the ports tree for this? Stuart? :)

I don't have time to run a grep at the moment but have looked at
https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=CLOCK_UPTIME&literal=1 which
I think is good enough to show anything important. Most occurrences
are constants in languages. There are a couple of small uses in
code but not much e.g.

https://sources.debian.org/src/rsyslog/8.2004.0-1/runtime/msg.c/?hl=3857#L3857
https://sources.debian.org/src/mactelnet/0.4.4-4/src/mactelnetd.c/?hl=837#L837

The important ones are gettimeofday/CLOCK_MONOTONIC and to a lesser
extent CLOCK_REALTIME.