On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 7:01 PM David Gwynne <da...@gwynne.id.au> wrote:

> libc has undocumented base64 encoding and decoding funtionality. this
> cuts ifconfig over to using it instead of the code in libcrypto.
>
> whether the libc functionality should be "blessed" and documented is a
> separate issue.
>
> ok?

OK zx2c4

But, if you really want to get mega-crypto-nerd on this, we could
replace it with the constant time base64 functions from
wireguard-tools (I'm happy to s/gpl/mit/):
https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-tools/tree/src/encoding.c key_{to,from}_base64
Bitsliced fixed-length base64 like this prevents potential cache
timing attacks from the usual lookup table-based implementation.
However, by most reasonable measures from most reasonable people, it's
totally overkill.