On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 02:01:06PM +0200, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:

> For those two reasons I think the feature should be opt-in.

Yeah, I agree with you.  My first approach was to have it check what
kind of DNS record that was requested, and add the AD-flag only if type
was SSHFP, but that felt even uglier.  I also wasn't so sure my approach
was the right one after reading the RFCs Peter J. Philipp mentioned.

Perhaps another approach would be to make use of the currently unused
flags argument in getrrsetbyname(3)?  This way, only getrrsetbyname(3)
and certain requests are affected by it.

Yours,
Jesper Wallin