Mark Kettenis writes:

>> However, to make sure this diff doesn't break existing lower speed
>> modes I'd appreciate tests on a variety of hardware.  So if sdmmc(4)
>> shows up in your dmesg, please test this by exercising your (u)SD or
>> (e)MMC cards.

No problems encountered reading/writing the SD card with this diff
on RPi4:

sdhc0: SDHC 3.0, 250 MHz base clock
sdmmc0 at sdhc0: 4-bit, sd high-speed, mmc high-speed
sdhc1 at simplebus4
sdhc1: SDHC 3.0, 100 MHz base clock
sdmmc1 at sdhc1: 8-bit, sd high-speed, mmc high-speed, ddr52, dma
scsibus0 at sdmmc1: 2 targets, initiator 0
sd0 at scsibus0 targ 1 lun 0: <SD/MMC, SB16G, 0080> removable
sd0: 15193MB, 512 bytes/sector, 31116288 sectors
bwfm0 at sdmmc0 function 1
manufacturer 0x02d0, product 0xa9a6 at sdmmc0 function 2 not configured
manufacturer 0x02d0, product 0xa9a6 at sdmmc0 function 3 not configured